Landon's B-day

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Kaylee's B-day

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Our Visitors

Background

Monday, December 28, 2015

IT IS BRONCO WEEKEND - Day 1


Kaylee and I are ready for the Broncos!





I wrote this from the airplane:

I went into this day not knowing if I would make it out of Atlanta or not. My gut said yes and my heart was calm, well until about 1:30 when I turned to Kristi Terry and said I am officially nervous. The great part of being a pilots wife is being able to fly for free but with that comes the dreaded standby. 
Last night as Wes and I were packing up the dreaded ring on his phone came on. This is the signal that work is calling. UGH! He had to leave and I knew that meant me finishing the packing and getting the kids to the airport alone. Over the years I have learned I am a strong independent woman and we have raised our kids to be helpers, so I knew we could do it. 
1:45- Landon makes it down to my room so we can change clothes
2:00 - We were walking out the door of school about an hour early. 
2:30 - We picked up Kaylee from prek and we were on the road.
3:45 - We made it to The Parking Spot at the airport. Yes, traffic is BAD, but that is ok. We made it! 
4:00 - We finally made it in the airport doors. This is the part I was dreading...going through the security without Wes, but the kids did awesome! Landon was such a huge help with getting the bins and bags. Unfortunately, I packed as if Wes was with me. Pilots are allowed to carry any size products. The only travel size I didn't have was face lotion and Landon's toothpaste. Since Wes wasn't with me those things went in the trash. Oh well it is what it is! 
4:45 - Rode the train to our gate and MET DADDY!!!
5:00 - went and grabbed dinner. 
5:30 - We came to the realization that we were not going to get on the first Delta flight. So we ran over the Southwest and by 6:45 we found out that we got on the 7:00 flight to Denver! We were all so excited! We boarded the plane. 
7:30 - the. Captain came on and said we were going to be delayed 45 minutes or so. They allowed us to get off the plane, which was nice. The great thing about this is we met a guy that lives in Denver and he told us all the ins and outs of Denver. We do not have A hotel room yet, so his advice was much needed! We talked to him for an hour and then they called us back on the flight. 
The times are just a blur now...we had people getting off because we were not going to meet their connection, then the numbers didn't add up, so we finally took off at 9:30. Only 2 1/2 hours late. It is all ok. I am on a flight to see the Denver Broncos, my whole family is with me, and my little snuggle bug is asleep in my lap. All is right in the world! Thank you Lord for today and for the gift of a good nights sleep tonight! I am going to attempt to mimic Kaylee and get some shut eye. 
Kaylee and Landon had no problem sleeping on the plane, but Wes and I struggled! Great thing about Southwest is I got to watch TV on my tablet with their wifi. 
12:35 - landing on Bronco soil. I can't believe I am here, but I am deliriously exhausted! 
Looks like we will grab a hotel close to the airport and go get another hotel tomorrow in downtown Denver. 

We woke up in the morning very excited that we were in Denver. We laid in bed and found a hotel that is in downtown and then decided to take a walk to find something to eat. We settled on Burger King, as we were walking out we noticed these prairie dogs all over the land next to the restaurant. 

We then checked out and headed for downtown Denver to check into our real hotel.






We talked to the guy that we met at the airport and he invited us to lunch and the Denver Aquarium.





It was a lot of fun to meet new people and see the city. We then headed back to the hotel to rest.










We were very excited that we got to meet with Ken and Brandi Axford while in Denver. Ken and Wes grew up together.


No comments:

Post a Comment