"It hurts me more than it hurts you," is something I have heard my mom say many times, but never understood until I had my own kids and found out that it is completely true! This morning Landon told me he wanted to make french toast, but he meant cinnamon toast. Well, I started making french toast when he realized that he didn't want it. I explained that I have already started making it and that is what we were having for breakfast. Of course, this prompted a melt down from him, but I continued to make breakfast and explained he could eat what I had made or he could wait until lunch to eat. I made his plate and sat at the table. Inside I was dying because I wanted him to make the right choice, I wanted to say you can have the cereal if you will eat, but I didn't because I know that those choices would not teach him a lesson. Within a couple of minutes of Kaylee and me starting to eat he came over to the table and said, "I am sorry mommy, I am hungry. Can I eat?" My response..."of course you can" and my heart rejoiced. We talked for a few minutes about his choices and then he said, "Your french toast is good, but can we make cinnamon toast tomorrow?" I then told him because he made the right choice that we would make whatever he wanted for breakfast tomorrow.
So Landon, one day you will understand the saying "It hurts me more than it hurts you!" I promise that daddy and I just want to teach you how to be a wonderful, respectful gentleman that everyone wants to be around. I love you more than you know...to the moon and back!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment