I am going to start by saying sorry that this is a really long post, but it will mostly be pictures, but this was a FUN birthday!
I made the kids party favors out of stage 3 baby food jars, filled them with M&Ms, Wes cut a hole in the lid, and mom tied the bows. I found the pinwheels at Hobby Lobby. I was so excited that they turned out exactly the way I thought they would.




In each of Kaylee's invitations I asked people to help us build Kaylee's library with books instead of toys. I also bought the book "Oh the Places You Will Go" by Dr.
Seuss for people to sign. This was a huge hit and Kaylee got a lot of great books!

My mom helped me make the centerpiece. It is a bunch of sticks with Easter eggs and wood owls on it.


I made this wreath out of yarn.
I also blew up balloons and let them float to the ceiling. This was my favorite decoration!

Birthday Girl got up from her nap one happy little girl.



Wes,
Bubba, and Mimi all chipped in to make Kaylee's chair.
Bubba and Mimi made one for Landon's first birthday, so it has turned into the favorite 1st birthday gift.



Kaylee, like all of the other
grankids at this age, loves to ride on Mimi's leg. The funny thing about her is when Mimi stops she tries to climb on Mimi's foot or leg.

This is the top part of Kaylee's cake. I found this owl at
Khols over Valentine's Day.

Kaylee enjoyed playing with all of her little friends while all of her big friends played in the garage.

Kaylee's cake was beautiful. Kerri
Hildreth, my neighbor and good friend, made it and she never disappoints with look or flavor. I told her what I was thinking, gave her the topper and candle, and said go for it. It was exactly what I wanted!
No comments:
Post a Comment