Landon's B-day

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Kaylee's B-day

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Our Visitors

Background

Saturday, December 30, 2017

FedEx He Got It!

FedEx was not on the top of our list, honestly it wasn't on our list. We didn't think that they would hire civilian pilots, so Wes was not updating his flying information on their site. We had been praying for guidance in this area because we heard that Delta was about to start hiring. God had a plan, but it was a shocking plan to us. Wes called me on my way home from work to tell me that FedEx had called and wanted an interview. 



After his interview he jumped in the car and started to drive home. As he drove by this cross his phone rang and it was FedEx offering him the job. I was driving the kids back to school for our STEAM night when Wes called me. I honestly do not know what he said to me, but I know there were tears on my side and a lot of screaming in my car. I have no idea how it will all work out, BUT I do know that God has opened ALL of the doors for us. I know this is EXACTLY where Wes is supposed to be. 


One of the neat things about this job is that the first 3 days of training are with the wife in tow. I am excited to see what Wes will be doing and also spend time with him before he is gone for awhile. Mimi and Bubba came in to keep the kids on their school schedule.

We went around the outer towns of Memphis. Our goal is to stay in Atlanta, but I know that there is always a possibility of us moving. I again leave that at God's feet and will trust. 


Then we went to drop off Wes' stuff at his new crash pad. It is a cute little house. He is renting one of the rooms. I felt like I was dropping my child off at college. We left his stuff and then headed to the hotel. 



We got dressed up and went out for a nice dinner to celebrate the start to Wes' future with FedEx.


We were both a little nervous about how this day would go. We got up way early, but got dressed, had breakfast, and got to FedEx with plenty of time to meet others. 




Then he officially got his FedEx Airbus wings. I was so proud of him! I know he has wanted this for so long. He is the rock of our family! 






Then we got to get out and into the airplanes. I was so excited about this. These planes are HUGE!!!












Day 2 - The training began. We learned more about insurance, the company and then got into the simulator. 



The last night we saw a rainbow. A sign that all is going to be ok. I needed this before I said goodbye to Wes. This part was very hard knowing it would be a couple of weeks before he got home. 


I love getting pictures like this as he goes through his training. 



No comments:

Post a Comment