Landon's B-day

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Kaylee's B-day

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Our Visitors

Background

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Humphrey

I was very nervous about this little guy, but I have to say that I adore him! He seems to have taken to me too. He is a sweet little dude!





He is also very sneaky! He somehow chewed and scripted at the end of his crate until he knocked the hole cover off. When I went in to see him that morning...he was GONE!!! We looked for a few minutes, but had to go to school. We left piles of food on the floor and put his cage on the floor in hopes he would go back in. We came home after school and no Humphrey. I decided to start upstairs and I went into EVERY nook and cranny. NO HUMPHREY. Then I proceeded to go downstairs. I had my flashlight on, but he is black so he blends in very well! I looked under the dresser in the downstairs guest room and out of the corner of my eye he twitched his whiskers. I had the kids block the door. Humphrey ran under the bed, which has junk in it. He ran to the other side, but Landon scared him back to me. I slowly moved the box he was on and grabbed him. Looking back I should have gotten something to put him in to transport him upstairs because I grabbed him and his eyes BUGGED out. He then tried his hardest to get out of  my hands. We have read about hamsters dying because of high stress. I was a little freaked out that I might kill him. I ran as fast as I could up to his cage and tossed him in. He ran right up to his wheel to get away from us. I then tapped that cover onto the cage. I have to say that I was very thankful that we found him!

No comments:

Post a Comment