11 years ago, on Labor Day weekend, I walked into an apartment and locked eyes with the love of my life. I remember him saying, "You can sit down, I won't bite." We have to laugh at that now because who would have thought that those were the first words of the beginning of a wonderful relationship. 5 years after meeting, on September 10, we walked down the isle and became husband and wife. It blows my mind that we have been married for 6 years and are blessed with 2 beautiful children. I love our relationship because it isn't "perfect", but that is what makes it so WONDERFUL! Whenever we disagree we ALWAYS talk it out. That is something we have always agreed that we have to do. I think that is what makes our love so great. Wes is my best friend!
We got a lot of sweet cards, but one that really set with me said:
Love has little to do
with moonlight and balconies
and everything to do
with patience, acceptance,
and hanging in there.
Love can't always
move mountains
or change the world overnight.
But it can open its arms
at the end of a long, bad day
and welcome you home
to true belonging.
Love brings a beautiful wholeness.
Nothing else quite compares
with the sense of completeness
that comes from sharing
with that one special person
for a lifetime.
I am so glad that I get to spend the rest of my life in Wes' arms!
Happy 6th Anniversary!



No comments:
Post a Comment