When we got home from church Kaylee got her bath while I was starting dinner. Kaylee came down in her Christmas pajamas that my mom found, so I decided to take a moment to snap some pictures.
This is Kaylee's little tree.

Landon's tree

Both of their trees...Landon said Kaylee will need a big tree like his next year.

I am sure you will start to notice her thumb in her mouth. I have heard people saying she is sucking her thumb, but actually she is not. I think she is cutting her molars because her thumb is shoved as far back as she can get it. She is chewing it and rubbing the gum back there. I guess we will see, but her thumb is in her mouth a lot.

Trying to get a picture of the two of them isn't as easy as it used to be!


After a few shots she was excited that she was allowed to be that close to her tree without me telling her no. She took advantage of me letting her get close. (I have had a million people ask me if I only decorated half of my tree, or if I didn't put as much out this year. My answer is the same as it was when Landon was little...I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT. Wes and I have never "baby proofed" things in our house. Of course, we cover outlets and lock cabinets with cleaning supplies, but as far as the tree nothing is different. The kids have 2 in the play room and we have our big one out with ornaments in reach of Kaylee. She has learned the definition of NO. We decided when Landon was born this is how we were going to parent. We know when we go to other people's houses they won't have a baby proofed house. I want my kids to know what they can and can't touch. So with all of that said my house was decorated just like normal. Was is more exhausting this year watching her YES, but did she quickly figure out what she was allowed to touch YES!)

I am seeing me in her more and more, especially some of the expressions she makes is just like my baby pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment