Landon's B-day

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Kaylee's B-day

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Our Visitors

Background

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Kaylee's Room

Finally...I am getting pictures up of Kaylee's room. I have my bedding ordered, but it is on back order until the middle of January. I will have to post pictures of that later.

Here is her room before painting. (Landon had to squeeze in the picture too.)

Daddy filling in holes before the painting started.

Thankfully Steve, my wonderful father-in-law, has a steady hand. He did all of the edging. I started painting, and since my sinuses have me stuffed up I couldn't smell the fumes. When Wes walked in he looked at me, pointed at the door, and said, "OUT!" I have learned to listen! I was allowed back in the room to check out one finished wall, but that was it!

This is hanging in her bathroom. I had a girl at work make it for me. She made one for Landon's bathroom too. It is precious!

Here is the finished pistachio green walls and the changing table. The name plaques, pictured below, will hang above this.

Here is her hutch. It is getting full from gifts and hand me downs. I love it!

Here is her crib, and the beautiful mural my very talented mother-in-law free handed from a pottery barn magazine. We LOVE it!

A closer shot.

Here are the bookends that my mother-in-law and I made.

Landon really wanted to help the boys paint, so Mimi came up with a great idea and had him paint downstairs. He had more fun doing that. He loves to paint with his Mimi!

He is painting these animals that are stuffed with sand. They are pretty neat!

Here is the project that Tammy, my mother-in-law, and I worked on for a couple of days. These are wall plaques that will hang above her changing table. The first day we started painting the letters we thought it might have saved us to just have bought the originals from pottery barn, but when we figured out that if I traced the words Tammy could free hand and paint them it went A LOT faster. I think they are MUCH cuter then the ones that we could have bought out of the catalog!

It actually was a lot of fun, and made my creative juices wake up! I can't wait to see them on the wall! (Notice the word FLY has to be in her room too. These were all words from pottery barn. All Sturgeons have to have some kids on airplane lingo...even if it is pink!)

While Tammy was waiting on the paint to dry she grabbed two scraps of wood and free handed these pictures to hang in her room.

We did ALL of this in 3 days. We all worked together, had a lot of fun, and A LOT of laughs! Now both of our kids have beautiful rooms that have been touched by their Mimi and Bubba!

No comments:

Post a Comment