Landon's B-day

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Kaylee's B-day

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Our Visitors

Background

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Nesting and sleep...

When Landon and I were snowed in for 10 days the nesting process went into full swing. I had 2 friends give me clothes one for Kaylee and one for Landon which started the nesting. So...
1. I started by sorting all of Landon's clothes. Cleaning out his winter and summer drawers of the things he can't wear and putting in all of the new summer and winter clothes that we got.
2. Then it was on to Kaylee's room where I put more clothes into drawers.
3. I rearranged Wes' sweaters so he has more room.
4. Did 7 loads of laundry.
5. Got Landon's bottles down, and cleared Kaylee's new cabinet out downstairs. It is now loaded with bottles and formula.
6. Organized Landon's playroom
While doing this Landon would help for awhile and then we would stop, play games, and get back to work. It was a very productive 10 days off. Unfortunately, for my co teacher Kristi, my nesting hasn't ended at home. We spent time on Friday, when the kids were working, cleaning and rehanging things in my room that have been making me crazy!
One would think with all of this working that I would be EXHAUSTED, which I am, but my body doesn't seem to want to sleep. I had one great night on Friday night where I slept from
8:30pm-7 am. It was a much needed sleep and one that I was hoping would continue, but Sunday morning I rolled over to see 3:45 am on the clock. So, downstairs I went to watch TV. Some mornings I just wake up for no reason at all and other mornings Kaylee decides she is ready to do a dance. I remember these days oh so well with Landon, and everyone kept telling me to get my rest I will need it. They don't say that this time around because they know that I already know what is to come, but if they did...my response would be, "I WOULD LOVE TO SLEEP, TRUST ME!!!"
As frustrating as it is, it is also exciting because it is a sign that we are getting close to meeting our new little addition. I told Wes last night that even though it is uncomfortable when Kaylee starts her stretching, it makes me feel good to know that all is well in there as she is VERY active just like her brother was at this stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment