Right before our trip I had Wes take Sophie in for her yearly shots. I told him to get blood work done on her since she is almost 7 years old. Mom and I had noticed that she had been drinking a lot of water and needed to go to the bathroom more. Well, she came back with blood in her urine. Wes took her back the next day for 8 hours worth of tests and we found out that she has stones in her bladder and she has Cushing's Disease. This explains the more frequent urination, her pot belly, and the grey around her face. When I have compared her to my mom's dog we just thought that Sophie was aging faster because she had kids around her all the time. (They were born on the same day, but they are cousins.) Now we know there is an actual reason for it. Of course, there are A LOT of options that we can do...surgery, meds for the rest of her life...We have thought it all through, done research, and talked to the doctor. Sophie isn't in any pain and she is still her playful self, so for now we are just leaving it alone. If she ever starts to have signs of pain then we will revisit our options.
Friday, April 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment