Georgia NEVER sees snow. I always called Landon my snow baby because it had snowed once each year since he was born, but that stopped once Kaylee was born. Well this year is COMPLETELY different! We went to school on Monday with no problem, but then they were talking about all of this snow we were going to get. Little did we know they were RIGHT! Tuesday morning we woke up to snow and COLD. If you know me I DON'T like snow or cold weather. Wes is the parent that LOVES it and it seems that the poor man can't seem to get a break and be home when it snows. So this leaves me to put on the happy face and pretend that I love the snow for the kids, but in my head I am wishing that I was in my bathing suit building snow castles with the kids! Aunt Alisa had given us Hadley's old snow suit for Kaylee to use.
I on the other hand decided to dig through Wes' stuff to get some snow clothes.
We put together layers for Landon. He didn't care. He just wanted to get outside!
We were all ready to go out and play until we walked in the garage and heard the sleet coming down hard. It was so loud we had to yell to talk to each other. Landon decided that we would wait a little while for it to stop and in about a hour it did.
Then it was time to play!
One thing I do love about the snow is how pretty the house looks! I adore my house, but snow makes it even prettier!
I know I look like I am about to rob a stage coach, but it was COLD and the wind was bad!
Sophie is her mamma's girls! She would rather be inside snuggled in our favorite blanket!
We did end of getting out and sledding with the Hildreths. Thankfully Kerri had her camera ready. I have to say it wasn't as cold, so it was fun to sled with the kids!
Sadly, we missed Valentine's Day at school because we were out for 4 days, but I made sure that my little Valentines had a great day. We started with heart pancakes.
Then, since the snow had cleared, we ended the day with a trip to Stevie B's Pizza. As you can tell they were ready to get out of the house after being stuck for 4 days!
We have had enough snow. How many days until spring? I am ready for the sun and sand between my toes!



No comments:
Post a Comment