Landon's B-day

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Kaylee's B-day

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Our Visitors

Background

Monday, June 2, 2014

Finishing the Winder House

When Wes and I bought our first house we both decided that we loved houses that we could make our own mark on. Not only is it a way to make money for our family, but it is a piece of accomplishment for us! We/I see these foreclosures as a house with potential that no one else wants. Most people want the cute houses that are ready to move into, and I completely understand because foreclosures are A LOT of work. The pay off in the end, when you can stand back and see all of the ideas in your head come true, is AMAZING! The Winder house has been our third foreclosure that we have bought, but the first one that we weren't going to live in. Unfortunately, I did not get to do as much on this house as I would have liked to, but I at least got to do the shopping and picking out of things. We bought it right over Christmas break so that I would have time off with Wes, but with problems with heat and removal of bats in the attic there was a time period that the kids and I couldn't be there. We were very blessed that Wes' parents came to our rescue! Putting the final touches on this place and meeting the new tenants made the extra hours spent there worth it. The thing that I am learning is that if you show your kids that money doesn't fall from the sky, that it takes hard work, then it is all worth it. The project turned out great and we made a lot of memories as a family.
Landon decided that he enjoyed doing this house, but he would like to wait 3 months before we buy the next one. He cracks me up!




No comments:

Post a Comment