Landon's B-day

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Kaylee's B-day

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Our Visitors

Background

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Snow Day

So we had a snow day last week, actually it was an "ice" day. We lost our power for about 4 hours, so school was closed. We were lucky to get our power back on before we got up in the morning. Wes was home, so we went to lunch and just enjoyed a day off. I was hoping that all of the "snow" weather was over, but we started to hear about snow this week. We are supposed to get 1-3 inches. It wasn't supposed to start until 2:00-3:00. We had early release today, so I was certain they would let us go to school as normal and we would be out at 12. I was WRONG. They gave us the whole day off. We started by just relaxing. Kaylee decided to "do" my hair. 


Since nothing was happening this morning, I decided to run a few errands and then have some lunch. Kaylee got some new shoes that are tie ups. She thinks she is big now. I came around the corner and Landon was tying her shoes. So cute! We made it home and I conducted some parent/teacher conferences on the phone. 


Kaylee kept asking when the snow would come. She even got to the point of walking around in her snow boots. I was worried that we weren't going to get any snow, but as we all know it only snows when Wes is gone and he left last night. Around 3:15 it started to snow small flakes, but wasn't sticking. It was about 5:00, I was in the shower after my workout, that screams started to fill my hallway as LARGE snowflakes started to come down and stick. The kids couldn't wait to get outside. We didn't get completely bundled up like usual because it had just started to stick. I promised them tomorrow that we would PLAY in it. I think we could have saved this "snow" day, but it was still fun. I guess we will have another one tomorrow. 









No comments:

Post a Comment