We got up to finish packing and get the car ready to go. We were all very excited to get on the road, but Wes and Landon needed a haircut. Unfortunately, their place doesn't open until 10 so that left me with a cranky baby that wanted to go to bed for a morning nap, but her mommy wouldn't let her. Finally, around 11:30 we headed out and Kaylee went to sleep. Landon enjoyed a movie to start, then played games on the IPOD, and then another movie. Landon, of course started with the question EVERY parent dreadswhen their kids start talking..."Are we there yet?" UGH! Well, I did the circles again, which seemed to always help. I put circles on a paper, each one represents 30 minutes of the trip. He gets to color one in each 30 minutes. This seems to help and when he asks that lovely question I ask him how many circles are left. As far as Kaylee, she did awesome! She slept, played, ate, and was just happy. I couldn't have asked for a better traveler this time around! We made it in to Destin at 6:30 our time...5:30 their time. We had dinner, let the kids stretch their legs and then it was off to bed. We were excited for the trip. Ths is the longest time we have been able to stay in a long time!
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment